Monday, August 15, 2016

Week 2

This morning we set out for our first 13.1 mile long run.  Oh, we're just doing a half marathon this morning.....


We ran a new route, crossing over I-35 into Red Oak, Tx. and back up a gravel road in which we didn't encounter a car for at least 2 miles.  It was a difficult run, but the marathon will have a large uphill grade 20 miles in, so I wanted to simulate that as much as possible on our training runs. 


This morning we had a police officer waiting for us at the park.  I guess he finally picked up that we meet there on Sunday mornings, but he didn't have anything to say this time.   He just stayed in his patrol car and watched us.

Crossing over the I-35 bridge is a neat feeling, running outside of our normal boundaries and catching a good breeze and view.  Later we ran south on the I-35 access road, for some reason that always gives me a Forrest Gump feeling!



Disan really wanted to accomplish his PR for 13.1 miles so we really pushed it at the end, starting at the Ovilla Cemetery, reaching a pace under 7:00, then running a final lap around Heritage Park to get that extra tenth of a mile we needed!









No comments:

Post a Comment